NEW ADMINISTRATION LOWER PRICES
A cozy place to start and end your holidays, this is your best option that provides the highest quality at the lowest cost
We’re listed, among others in:
- The New Key to Costa Rica by Beatrice Blake
- Harvard’s Let’s Go Costa Rica
- John Howells’ Choose Costa Rica
- Time Out Costa Rica
- The TicoTimes
- Explore Costa Rica
- The Lonely Planet Guide
We are recommended often in message boards such as:
- Costa Rica Living (a Yahoo Group)
- Lonely Planet’s Thorn Tree
- Fodor’s and Frommer’s Guide
We are listed and reviewed on: Booking.com
Check out TripAdvisor for reviews. Click here to visit our review page..
Also, feel free to go to the References page, see some of the nice letters we get, and email any one of our guests for their opinions.
We have been in operation since 1999, way back in the previous Millenium! Sylvia is the breakfast chefs and housekeepers. Cinthya and Randy are there to lend a hand. We will all do what we can to make your stay enjoyable.
WE OFFER YOU:
An alternative which serves as a starting and finishing point to your trip, since we are 5 minutes from Alajuela International Airport and SANSA Domestic airport.
Transportation to and from the airport at any hour of the day or night with the official orange airport taxis. The usual fee is $8-$10 US, vans available as well if you have lots of luggage and/or pets.
Super late check-ins and extra early check-outs are the norm so don’t worry about arriving at all hours of the night and leaving before first light.
We’ll send you a comprehensive set of instructions (actually quite simple) on how to do the whole arrival-at-the-airport-taxi-to-our-door procedure, or driving and GPS directions and Google info/maps if you’re already in Costa Rica.
Our 24-hour staff will wake you and provide a to-go bag with fruit, a box of juice, and a snack bar.
If you are getting a rental car and arriving at night, we avise that you take a taxi to us that evening and pick up the car in the AM. Costa Rica adresses are non-existent an difficult to find in the dark, plus you save one day of rental fees and the airport surcharge. All rent a car agencies offer a pickup and drop off at our place as the norm, and some will even bring the car and do the checkin here.
A base from which to do day trips to attractions in the Central Valley, or overnight trips to more distant points.
A place to stay during your whole trip if you’re here to check out business opportunities, real estate purchase or rental possibilities, or if you want to experience daily life in the Central Valley to decide if you want to move here permanently or part of the year.
A place to enjoy an extended stay at very reasonable prices.
ADVANTAGES OF VIDA TROPICAL
- 5 minutes from the airport, but not on the flight path.
- Walking distance to the center of the city of Alajuela. On a nice, quiet, secure street, in a friendly, wooded residential area.
- Many restaurants nearby (deliveries available from McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Papa John, Chinese, roasted or fried chicken, and many more). Our favorite recommendation is Norman’s Jalapeños, the Tex-Mex king of Alajuela, award winning and celebrated. He’ll deliver as well.
- Bus stop on the corner for trips to San Jose, regional buses stop nearby as well, headed North and West to all Pacific beaches, Arenal, Monteverde, even Nicaragua.
- Movies and fancy shops nearby at the International Mall. There is a brand-new Super Walmart across the street from the Mall.
- We can arrange low price rent-a-cars or a van with driver (maybe even a stretch limo) to tour the country. Contact us for a quote.
- Bars and a Casino nearby for the party people.
- Many banks / ATM’s within a few blocks to exchange traveler’s checks or receive cash. We accept Visa and MasterCard, but not the new cards with chips.
- We have 7 rooms available, 5 have private baths (3 ARE BRAND NEW!!!), and 2 share the last bath, all just outside the room, never a line.
- Full Menu breakfast with delicious and exotic seasonal fruits, orange juice, fantastic Design-your-own-Omelette / eggs any style menu, toast, bottomless coffee cup, French Toast, and fruit/chocolate chip-filled pancakes. For early flights we’ll pack you a to-go breakfast bag (banana, juice box and granola bar) so you won’t starve to death on the tarmac.
- We’ll have a cab ready and waiting for you at whatever hour you desire. We have 24 hour staff and wake-up service (no one has overslept and missed a flight yet in 14 years), but to relax your trip anxiety, we have an alarm clock for you if you wish.
- Full access to our kitchen if you want to cook lunch or dinner, warm up leftovers in the microwave, or keep yogurt, drinks, and any other stuff in the fridge. We have beer, juices, water and soft drinks available self-service on the honor system, ask about it (the “beans” system) when you check in.
- Free local phone calls and faxes.
- Free High Speed WiFi Internet, bring your computer or use our guest computer.
- Brochures from many hotels throughout Costa Rica.
- Laundry Services available at $5 per load for wash and dry, free with 2 night stay.
- Extensive library of tour books, lots of good advice to go with them.
- Luggage, winter coats, surfboard covers and other goodies carefully stored for free.
- Lots of free paperbacks and trash novels to read while enjoying the hammock in the back porch or the balcony, or to take with you to read under a palm tree at the beach. Leave the Kindle at home.
- Makeup mirror and hair dryer available, also iron and board, baby crib.
- Souvenir T-shirts, gear bags and lots of other stuff available, as well as a “make-your-own-souvenir” and last-minute goodies.
- Each shower area has 2 wall-mounted dispensers, one with shampoo and conditioner, another with liquid soap, for your bathing pleasure. Unlimited hot water from on-demand heaters.
- Fire-proof, wall-mounted safe available for your valuables and passports if needed.
- Umbrellas and rain gear available for your use while here.
- Playful bunnie, BunTico, running around the back yard, for your petting pleasure. BunTico is one of few bunnies in the world who come when you call! He loves bread and oregano.
- 3 hammocks available for your relaxing moments.
TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE
We know what you’re thinking: this sounds too good to be true!! That’s why we have a whole section called REFERENCES where you see a few of the guests who have stayed with us, and check out what they have to say. We have nice reviews and recommendations on Trip Advisor and Booking.com , check them out. They can’t ALL be on our payroll!!!